First, our bubbles--though they are in desperate need of some black ribbon!
I found the bubbles at HL for $2 per 24! Then I stamped regular address labels (creating alot of wasted labels in the meantime) with the damask stamp I *heart.*
And our after dinner mint tins. Same stamp. Same concept. Stamped the labels that came in the kits. The tins I found clearance at Wal Mart while trying to locate a decent ink pad.
I have been having a problem getting the ink on the clear stamp (which is why the stamps look faded in some of the pictures). I like them with a bit of the faded look but I need to find a good ink block that will get the ink on the stamp more because it really started to bother me on the bubbles.
UPDATE: I figured out the problem with the stamp. It's that its a large, clear stamp. Apparently the regular rubber ones work much better. And the larger the stamp, of course the more likely it is that the ink will not transfer properly. I did find an ink that I like better--pigment ink--but it won't dry on the labels (I looked this up after the fact and apparently pigment ink won't dry on coated surfaces). So it's back to the drawing board on this project.

No comments:
Post a Comment