8.3.09

The Band

I've posted about this so much over on the forum that I've decided I had better just keep myself confined to the blog from now on. So I had some concerns about whether people would get out and dance to swing, and the length of the band breaks, but I spoke again with Bryan from the Grand Marquise and I'm dragging Mike down to the Drum Room on the 27th to check them out again. We went and heard them at the Jazz, and they did an excellent job, but the people out dancing clearly knew what they were doing. Bryan said that the dancers were actually dance instructors--which is probably why we were intimated by it. Long story short, I'm still really excited about it, which is a good sign--and I'm hoping that we go down on the 27th and feel 100% sure it's the right decision, so that I can get this decision out of the way!! Luckily, Bryan is so sweet that he has gone ahead and put us down on the calender so that I do not have to be concerned about our date being booked in the meantime. Reason #57 why I love this swing band.

No comments: