The Invites:
I ordered pocketfolders from Cards & Pockets. I considered trying to make them myself first, but it didn't really seem worth the hassle. I did decide to cut the mat, invite pieces, and all inserts myself.


Cutting the pieces myself didn't turn out as "professional" looking as I may have hoped for but I didn't think it was a big enough difference to take them to Kinkos or whatever. Plus I was able to use almost all of the paper this way.
I am having a tough time figuring out the design for the invite, however. I am still debating whether to try to incorporate pink into the otherwise red invite design. I LOVE the scroll work in the invites on the top right of this inspiration board, from Alannah Rose. A sizzling blend of red and hot pink!!

If only I were computer saavy enough to recreate this!! I do have some other designs I've been toying with:


The Escort Cards:
I decided to hand stamp the escort cards after coming across this amazing designs:

From Martha Stewart, with instructions:

Now, the pics of my handstamping attempts. We decided to add some pink to our wedding to give it a bit more "color." I therefore made hot pink as well as red escort cards. I'm still not convinced that I want to add in pinks other than through the flowers, but I think they turned out pretty well.
I picked up the stamps at Joann Fabrics on sale for $6/sheet of plastic stamps. You have to mount clear stamps onto a block so it was a bit more work than with normal wooden stamps but it gives you alot more design options.
Here are what the clear stamps look like:
I added a piece of cardstock into the "inside" also to write the table # down (name on outside, table # on inside). Beware: this added a ton of weight to the escort cards and they don't stand up as well anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment