3.9.08

Reception Flowers & Decor

We are having our reception at Club 1000, an urban loft in downtown Kansas City. I LOVE the way it looks decked out with paper lanterns, so I'm thinking about getting some red and maybe hot pink ones. The best prices I've found so far are at Papern Lantern Store out of San Francisco.




















Inspiration photo by Red Loft Studios, via the Knot.


Floral Designs I L.O.V.E.


I have NEVER before been very big on flowers--I was always happy with a single red rose for valentines. But since the engagement, I have discovered an all new love--decorating with flowers!! Check out these amazing arrangements:




From Paul Johnson Photography, via the Knot. These dahlias are tied onto branches and make such a statement!!


I really like the cherry blossoms in the following inspiration board, from Style Me Pretty. I did purchase a fake "cherry blossom" at Pier 1--maybe I'll find a way to work it in.


I simply cannot get over how fantastic these orchids look. I'd assumed orchids would cost an arm and a leg, but this design makes for a beautiful arrangement using very few orchids. From Paperwhites Photography, via the Knot.



I love the orchids in the following arrangement because they convey such a "fun" look without giving up any elegance. Photo by Stewart Pinsky, via the Knot.

No comments: